Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 1995 16:44:19 +0000 ()
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        FREEBSD-HACKERS-L <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: RPC portmapper problem

On Mon, 20 Mar 1995, Brian Tao wrote:

>     I don't recall changing anything in my setup before my previous
> reboot, but my portmapper services are shot now.

    Okay, that's not *quite* right.  ;-)  I was fiddling around with
some of the services in inetd.conf.  Most of them are disabled anyway,
but I had been playing with a fingerd wrapper.  So my question is,
what services does RPC depend on?  Is there a minimum set that I need
to leave running so I don't break stuff?  I am able to issue RPC's
from this machine now, but only after re-enabling every service.
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org