Date:      Tue, 2 Mar 1999 09:47:05 -0500
From:      Vincent Fleming <vincef@penmax.com>
To:        "freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: DPT RAID controller PM2554U2

I hate to be picky, but RAID 0 is striping, not mirroring.

Mirroring is RAID 1.

As RAID controllers go, you're better off with AMI (American
MegaTrends) - they make a much better one.

I'm going to purchase a RAID controller

It will be used as RAID 0 device ( hardware mirroring )

It is well known that DPT controller are supported
by FreeBSD but I'd like to be sure before buying it ;-)

The model is : PM2554U2

The Machine is a DELL 2300 ( PII 450 Mhz )

FreeBSD version is 3.1

Any info welcome.

TIA
--