Date:      Sun, 21 Feb 1999 16:28:17 -0700 (MST)
From:      Brian Budnick <clubkid@bzzzz.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   network problem

I have a Pentium-90Mhz machine running with 80megs of Ram. Over the past
couple of days I have been messing around with the machine trying to get
it to do 'natd' with a 10base-t card and a 100base-t card and have had
nothing but problems. I have tried several different 10/100 base t cards
and every card i have tried gives same problem.

I decided to just stick in 2 (10baseT) ethernet cards and I have been
transfering things over the last 30 minutes and it hasn't locked up
at all. So i think it works just fine the way that it is now, but I can't
figure out why it won't work with the 10base-t card and the 10/100 base-t
card together.

It's really frustrating. I have been on the #freebsd channel on both
efnet and undernet and they weren't much help on this subject. I just
bought a 100base-t only hub and now i think i just lost an investment
because i can't seem to get FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE to work. I have been
thinking about going back to like version 2.2.8 and see how it reacts
to this type of thing.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Brian