Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 1997 15:01:17 -0800
From:      Alan Curtis <alan@netassociates.com>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux vs. FreeBSD

Mr. White,

Hello.  It's funny.  Whenever I've posted a problem in the past
regarding Linux, you seem to be the only one to answer.  So, this time
around...I thought I'd ask you directly.  You see.  I still cannot get
Linux to recognize my 3Com 509b network card.  I've rebuilt the kernel
with the correct driver (I believe) and now I get something like...
SIOCSERROR: Invalid Argument.  Needless to say, the network does not
come up.  I know I have the network card set correctly because if I load
my DOS partition, I can log onto the network via Netware.  The settings
in DOS mode are 10, 0x300.  Error does not go away even if explicity
told by LOADLIN.  Help!