Date:      Tue, 2 Jan 2001 10:52:10 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <TrimYourCc@NUXI.com>
To:        Rory Arms <rory@urpower.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: the abi

On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 01:32:29PM -0500, Rory Arms wrote:
> Well, I'm a user who would be interested in seeing FreeBSD/ppc targeted for
> desktop/server use. What ABI does NetBSD/ofppc use? How about OpenBSD/powerpc?
> I imagine they both use the same one.

Interested?  Or will put in effort?

Sorry, but I'm a little pissy on this... idle opinions don't help.  At
this point I tend to discount opinions by people that are doing
something.  Thus I don't care what NetBSD or OpenBSD do.  My slant in
which to use is dictatated by the toolchain.  NetBSD does not contribute
back their changes, nor can I use them (or look at them), else I taint
FreeBSD's GNU toolchain with bits that I have to maintain forever as they
cannot be made part of the official distributions.

Of course if you know about a strong technical issue, that I'm interested
in hearing.

[please see disclaimer at the bottom]

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)