Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 1997 12:26:40 +0100
From:      Damian Hamill <damian@cablenet.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multi-homed - Load Balancing - No Single Point of Failure

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> I'd like to suggest that this conversation has lost its value right
> around this point and we're now heading down that all-too-familiar
> vaseline covered slope towards a flame war with Dennis & co.

Jordan it isn't often that one gets a good laugh during ones working
day, but one source of humurous entertainment is Dennis when he starts
slagging people off.  It makes a break from the tedious stream  of "why
do I get login_getclass unknown class error" messages.

I mean lets face it, people post a message saying "why should I save
20,000 on my router".  Anyone who saves me that kind of money can be as
rude to me as they like.  The masochist side of me has even considered
posting some "why should I buy your card" questions to Dennis so he'll
slag me off, just for a laugh.

Using the ET or SDL card you can get a Unix based BGP4 capable router to
handle the full routing table at a fraction of the cost of a Cisco
et.al. capable of the same.  There are a steady stream of people who
fail to grasp that and hence the recurring digest of "you rude person"
-- "you utter moron".  Long may it continue I say :-)

regards
damian

Yes, I'm a very sad individual.

--