Date:      Mon, 12 May 1997 21:43:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Burton Sampley <burton@bsampley.vip.best.com>
To:        Glenn Johnson <gljohnsn@iamerica.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fetchmail not working

On Mon, 12 May 1997, Glenn Johnson wrote:

> I have a mysterious problem. I have been using fetchmail to retrieve my
> mail for about a month. Today, it simply stopped working. At first I
> thought my ISP was having problems but then I discovered that xfmail and
> netscape can both access my mail server through pop3 while fetchmail can
> not. I am trying to find out if my ISP changed anything. I am using
> FreeBSD 2.2RELENG. Thank you.
> --
> Glenn Johnson
> gljohnsn@iamerica.net

I've also had some weird quirkiness with fetchmail using the auto protocol
detection. Try calling it w/ -p POP3 or adding 'proto POP3' (w/o the
quotes) to your .fetchmailrc file.

Hope this helps.

Burton

---
Brought to you by a 100% Micro$oft free system.  You too can disinfect your
system at http://www.freebsd.org

E-Mail:  burton@bsampley.vip.best.com
Alternate E-Mail:  bsampley@haywire.csuhayward.edu
Home Page:  http://www.best.com/~bsampley (permanently under construction)