Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 13:15:19 -0700
From:      Dan Peterson <danp@erinyes.net>
To:        pab <pab@purplecat.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail question (sorry if this is the wrong list)

On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 04:07:49PM -0400, pab wrote:
| Is it possible to move the location of /var/mail without too much difficulty
| to another partition that I have plenty of space on?

it shouldn't be a problem to stop sendmail, mv /var/mail to where you want
it to live, and then link /var/mail's new location to /var/mail. example:

say you want /var/mail to live in /usr as /usr/mail.

make sure /usr/mail doesn't already exist
stop sendmail
mv /var/mail /usr/mail
ln -s /usr/mail /var/mail
start sendmail