Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 19:51:23 +0600
From:      Denis <denis@oldham.ru>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   rdump doesn't work

Hello!

Last week I've been attempting to make rdump & I always fail :(
I am trying:

root@host1#rdump 0af denis@host2:/dev/null /usr
  DUMP: Connection to host2 established.
  DUMP: Date of this level 0 dump: Wed Oct 14 19:39:56 1998
  DUMP: Date of last level 0 dump: the epoch
  DUMP: Dumping /dev/rsd0s1f (/usr) to /dev/null on host denis@host2
  DUMP: mapping (Pass I) [regular files]
  DUMP: mapping (Pass II) [directories]
  DUMP: estimated 3649482 tape blocks.
  DUMP: Lost connection to remote host.
root@host1#
------------------
another example:

root@host2#rdump 0af denis@localhost:/dev/null /usr
  DUMP: Connection to localhost established.
  DUMP: Date of this level 0 dump: Wed Oct 14 19:44:20 1998
  DUMP: Date of last level 0 dump: the epoch
  DUMP: Dumping /dev/rwd0s2f (/usr) to /dev/null on host denis@localhost
  DUMP: mapping (Pass I) [regular files]
  DUMP: mapping (Pass II) [directories]
  DUMP: estimated 73072 tape blocks.
  DUMP: Lost connection to remote host.
root@host2#
here is /usr/home/denis/.rhosts on host2:

host1 denis
host1 root
localhost denis
localhost root