Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 2002 14:13:57 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Any suggestions for an ISDN PCCard for use in Germany?

Hi;

My current job takes me to southeastern germany every couple of months.

The enourmous multinational that i work for has seen fit to enhance
'security' by firewalling off the entire corporation and centralizing
'support' in paris.

It's my *personal* opinion that the 'security' issue isnt *data* security,
it's *job* security for the paris it staff, but i am just a hick engineer
from the remote and boring province of seattle, so what do i know? :-)

The tiny little division where i am based in seattle is agressively Linux
based and not big enuf to appear on the Paris IT radar, so we are able to
maintain our highly functional unix based mail system and not worry
ourselves about the rest of the company.

So, if i want to check my email, i need to do it via the ISDN line at the
hotel, because the R+D department in SE germany cant use the internet
in any way other than by http proxy.

So, if someone is a user of ISDN in DE, and can suggest a FreeBSD
supported card, i will see if i can find it on ebay for cheap. THis one
seems cheap, but i didnt see it in /etc/defaults/pccardc.conf
and i dont understand fully the different 'flavors' of ISDN so i dont want
to buy something that wont work in DE:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2042568213

its a USRobotics 128K ISDN PCMCIA card, if the link is gone...

tnx for any help you can provide.....

johnu

--

John L. Utz III
john@utzweb.net

Idiocy is the Impulse Function in the Convolution of Life