Date:      Sun, 15 Jul 2001 15:59:09 -0400
From:      Bob Johnson <bobj@ufl.edu>
To:        Damir Lampa <lampa@mioc.hr>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with PCMCIA

Damir Lampa wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I cannot do anything about this.. luckly I have managed to find an external
> modem with this computer so I can connect to the Internet from FreeBSD.

What model (or brand) of modem is it?  I have an old Procomm 33.6K pccard
that has similar problems: if I try to use it, it locks up the system.

I've never pursued it, because I bought a 56K modem soon after I discovered
the problem.  It would be nice, though, to have it as a backup rather than
the 14K modem I carry as a backup now.

> If I find a replacement PCCARD modem, I'll probably work it out easily...
> The card is not even supported under Windows 2000, so no wonder it produces
> problems under FreeBSD...

The modem I use now is the Psion Gold 56K that Dell sells as an option for
their laptops.  Works fine.

- Bob