Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2002 19:50:34 -0600 (CST)
From:      John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
To:        kkonaka@mac.com
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: weird bootclasspath problem

hi kenji;

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 kkonaka@mac.com wrote:

> hi!
>
> >  /usr/local/jdk1.3.1/bin/java -Xdebug
> >  -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=4444,server=y,suspend=n dom.ASBuilder
>
> is "Agent" really necessary? - how about specifying -Xnoagent?
> (I think this is the usual way I used to do (on linux/solaris))

hmm, that would be a question for Paul Kinnucan, the author of JDEE.

but, i'd argue that if it works that way on linux, it should work that way
on BSD ( my previous sarcastic comments to the contrary notwithstanding
:-) ).

> > now that i have a working native jdk, i have been busy with the java
> > development environment for emacs (JDEE)
>
> interested - url? (whats the diff. against JDE?)

JDE is JDEE, kinnucan changed the name because jdedwards sent him hate
mail.

url is jdee.sunsite.dk

no diff. works just great with the current beta. even with emacs 21.2,
which i installed yesterday after i built the jdk.

> kenji
>
> ps., I've compile/installed jdk1.3.1 on fbsd this morning
>  - this is cool! :)  -- I mean, compiling on linux was more tedious...
> (but I seemed to have some problem with ant (java task) -- maybe
> get back to this sometime later; if it really was a problem)
>
> ...cheers :)

John L. Utz III
john@utzweb.net

Idiocy is the Impulse Function in the Convolution of Life