Date:      Wed, 04 Oct 2000 16:52:33 -0700
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
To:        Steve Fagan <sfagan@pmr.com>
Cc:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>, Joe.Warner@smed.com, Chris Coleman <chrisc@vmunix.com>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>, Neurosys <neurosys@bellsouth.net>
Subject:   Re: BSD Magazine (Advertiser Responses)

Steve Fagan wrote:

>  Barnes and Noble even has a date for it to ship.
>
> Freebsd for Dummies with Cdrom
> Annelise Anderson
>
>   Our Price: $19.99
> Retail Price: $24.99
> You Save: $5.00 (20%)
> This book will be available October 8th, place your advance order now and we
> will ship it when it arrives!
> Format: Paperback, 384pp.
> ISBN: 0764507702
> Publisher: IDG Books Worldwide
> Pub. Date: October  2000
> sales rank: 460,225
>
>  Also found:
>
>  Freebsd Corporate Network Guide
> Mittelstae
>
>   Our Price: $45.95
> This book will be available in December, place your advance order now and we
> will ship it when it arrives!
> Format: Paperback
> ISBN: 0201704811
> Pub. Date: December  2000

	A quick search for "freebsd" turned up the following at Amazon (under
On Order/Not Yet Published) :

---
FreeBSD Corporate Networker's Guide, The
     by Edward Mittelstaedt, Ted Mittelstaedt. Paperback (December 15,
2000)
     Our Price:$45.95

Freebsd for Dummies
     by Annelise Anderson. Paperback (October 2000)
     Our Price:$19.99

Sams Teach Yourself Freebsd in 21 Days
     by Michael Urban. Paperback (October 2000)
     Our Price:$31.99
---

	I was under the impression that work had stopped on all/most of
these, but I'd be happy to be wrong in this case.

	As I continued down the page I came across the "Out Of Print" section
for my search, that included :

---
Installing and Running Freebsd

Powering Small Business With Freebsd (Sams White Book Series)
     by Robert Watson
---

	What happened to these two books?

--