Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 1996 05:10:16 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        Stephen Marquard <scm@silver.wcape.school.za>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stability of 2.1-960606-SNAP ?

>Can anyone comment on the stability of the STABLE SNAP that Jordan
>produced?
>
>Is the pmap problem below present in the SNAP? Is it stable
>enough to put on a critical and heavily-loaded server?

   I wouldn't install any SNAP on a critical and heavily loaded server. It is
not release code - just a snapshot. -stable SNAPs are generally stable, and
except for the changes to pmap.c, it should perform relatively well. I
probably sound like I'm contradicting myself. :-) We're only a few weeks away
from a release and there should be another -stable SNAP out before then. If
you're in a hurry, then install the -stable SNAP and then update your sources
to the latest -stable via SUP.

-DG

David Greenman