Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2000 20:47:34 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        "Andrei A. Dergatchev" <A.Dergatchev@tn.utwente.nl>, "freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: new books, changing my pt. of view

>i'd expect should be something indeed.

Its called "script" :) ...... who would have guessed !!!!!!!!

Back on Thursday 19th 1999 Alfred Perlstein wrote something about installing
via serial cable & attaching a serial cable to a machine running a screen
capture machine. That sounds OK if I could figure out what he meant.
Installing via serial cable is one thing, but capturing installation screens
via the same cable at same time !!! Anyone got ideas on how this could be
setup ??

> > GUI stuff
> > doesn't work real good when your FreeBSD box doesn't have X :)
>
> that can be fixed :-) if we want to make a nice tutorial once for a long
time.

I don't like KDE or Gnome ...... too many bad memories of the lunatic fringe
from my linux days :(

> > That tricky
> > html stuff is beyond my ability ......
>
> you see there are html hackers among us :-)

Is that tricky stuff necessary ?? .... seems to me all it achieves is
crashing browsers

> > I just type up really basic stuff in
> > either ee or notepad and at least it works in ALL browsers
>
> i know a few guys who are saying that for them it is easier
> to type in asm then in basic. one just got to do it for some years
> to get used to :-) html just another one from earth planet.

some years = about 456 :)