Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 1995 02:18:07 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        mark@grondar.za
Cc:        phk@critter.tfs.com, mark@grondar.za, CVS-commiters@freefall.freebsd.org, cvs-games@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/games/x11/xneko xneko.c

 * It will unbloat the cvs tree, the distributed binaries and the distributed
 * sources.

Well, the mail I was replying to said we keep it under control of cvs
(but not in the main cvs tree nor ports tree...probably another subtree).

 * The binaries and sources will no longer have X code in them, the cvs src/
 * tree will no longer have X source in it, and the cvs ports area will only
 * have port stubs.

I don't see much difference since the binary distribution and source
distribution are already broken up into small pieces.  And we will
still have to supply the source somehow, if we insist on keeping it
under cvs control.  (Agreed, the binary part will shrink, 'cause they
will be in packages.)

Well, for xneko/xroach (and gnuchess?), I think we can just forget
about cvs, remove them from the main source tree and make them pure
ports.  They didn't originate in CSRG, and I don't think they have
been modified much from the originals.

For the other games, if people want to keep them under cvs control, I
don't see much point in moving them out, as much as I love to see the
main source tree shrink.

Satoshi