Date:      Sat, 2 Jan 1999 01:29:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>
To:        Richard Seaman <dick@tar.com>
Cc:        Wiliam Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>, "Kevin G. Eliuk" <kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Trouble with Staroffice5.0

On Fri, 1 Jan 1999, Richard Seaman wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 01, 1999 at 08:03:36PM -0500, Brian Feldman wrote:
>
> > I finally got it up and running too, but I had to do a lot voodoo :] It
> > won't work, as it errs in the middle of its BASIC registration script. Does
> > anyone have a registration code they can share, or some other way to get one?
>
> The StarOffice instructions tell you that you need to add the Office50/bin
> directory to your default PATH.  I had many problems trying to register,
> and could not complete registration, until I added the directory to my
> PATH in .profile.  Once I did this, registration completed no problem.
> (The need to do this is also noted in the instructions for SO50 at
> http://lt.tar.com).

Wow, that was the problem. I wouldn't have expected this. I _would_ have
expected the shell script Office50/bin/soffice to do this automatically,
however, and have modified it as such.

> --
> Richard Seamman, Jr.          email: dick@tar.com
> 5182 N. Maple Lane            phone: 414-367-5450
> Chenequa WI 53058             fax:   414-367-5852

 Brian Feldman						  _ __  ___ ___ ___
 green@unixhelp.org				      _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \
		      http://www.freebsd.org/	 _ __ ___ ____ | _ \__ \ |) |
 FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!		   _ __ ___ ____ _____ |___/___/___/