Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 2023 23:19:30 +0000
From:      Derek Sivers <sivers@posteo.net>
To:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 14.0-RELEASE: one USB keyboard not recognized

Regular USB keyboard, much beloved:
https://www.keychron.com/products/keychron-q3-qmk-custom-mechanical-keyboard
Works in OpenBSD and Linux, USB-C or USB-A, on my old 2014 PC and new ZimaBoard.

FreeBSD 14.0-RELEASE doesn't recognize it, no matter what BIOS USB settings.
Works in initial boot screen, but not after kernel load.  Not seen in dmesg.

This happened on both my 2014 PC and new ZimaBoard.
Any other USB keyboard works, just not this one.

But this keyboard works in OpenBSD and Linux, so how can I help debug this?

--
Derek Sivers sivers@posteo.net