Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 1999 13:28:03 -0500
From:      Andy Angrick <angrick@netdirect.net>
To:        "Kenn Martin" <kmartin@infoteam.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: more frontpage....

At 10:36 AM 1/22/99 -0500, you wrote:
>On Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:16:50 -0500 (EST), Troy Settle wrote:
>
>>Odd,  I just got done patching 1.3.4 with SSL-1.29, FP-3.0.4.2, and
>>PHP-3.0.6.  I had to fake the SSL patch, but the rest built cleanly.
>>
>>I'm about to do a 'make install' and configure it, hope it works as well
>>as the last one did.
>
>Is there an order of operation necessary to get this working
>properly?  I can get things to build, but FP clients won't
>communicate with the server.

Did you start it with ./httpd -DFRONTPAGE? The new version has IfDefine
statements in httpd.conf file and sets up configuration differently
depending on whether you tell it you're using frontpage w/ the -D switch.
Also, if you were using existing httpd.conf files, the stuff that frontpage
needs might not be there, i.e. AllowOverride All, etc..I had problems
connecting to frontpage also in the beginning..it was a pain in the &*&^%^%
trying to figure out what was up. Directory permissions were a problem for
me too w/ virtual accounts. Good luck!

-Andy