Date:      Fri, 7 Aug 1998 21:44:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brandon Lockhart <brandon@engulf.net>
To:        DMursier@aol.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD

: I,m looking into setting up freebsd I also have another software package
:that I,ve look into an came across FreeBSD.

I don't understand what you where saying here.  Maybe you could repeat it
after taking a little more time and consideration into what you are
typing.  No offense intended, I just don't understand what you wrote.

:>From what I,ve been reading it seems that FreeBSD is a ms-dos operating
:system ?

For starter's, MS-DOS is an operating system in itself.  You can only have
one operating system loaded at a single point in time (correct me if I am
wrong).  Windows95 is not an operating system, just a program run over top
of DOS.  FreeBSD is an Operating System in itself.  You don't "double
click" a FreeBSD ICON and it run's FreeBSD.  I suggest reading a little
more.  I would also like to know where you got this conclusion from.

:Question:  Will FreeBSD run under Windows NT ?

FreeBSD will not run UNDER WindowsNT, but it can be run in place of, or
right before, right after, whichever.  But you can not run an OS under an
OS.  That is just like asking Windows95 not to crash and burn, just won't
happen.  What you can do is DUAL BOOT, which is covered in the FreeBSD
manual.  Or TRIPLE BOOT, or QUAD BOOT.  There is no (known to me)
limitation to how many DIFFERENT operating systems you can boot.  The only
known limit to me is Disk Space, and maybe partitions.

:Thank you Dennis

Your Welcome.

    |          ////   "Anything I say represents only my opinion."    |
    | |                      BRANDON LOCKHART                       | |
    |  brandon.lockhart@usinternetworking.com     brandon@engulf.net  |
    |  Work: (410) 897-4551                    Pager: (888) xxx-xxxx  |