Date:      Mon, 4 Apr 2011 15:36:39 +0200
From:      Paul Schenkeveld <freebsd@psconsult.nl>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: looking for gigabit network appliances

On Sat, Apr 02, 2011 at 06:23:13PM +0400, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
> Hello, Paul.
> You wrote 27 марта 2011 г., 17:16:43:
>
> > I've been happily using many Soekris network appliances for almost 10
> > years now but Soekris is not in a big hurry to come with a gigabit
> > platform :(
>  Wait one month more and here will be net6501 :)

I won't be holding my breath if you don't mind.  I've witnessed the
introduction of net4801 and net5501 (the latter would come with a
19" case and pci riser do you remember?) and believe in net6501 when
I've tested a production sample and seen that it works well.

I'm not trying to sound negative on Soekris here, I really like their
hardware once it's available but have learned not to trust promises
about availability.

> --
> // Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>

Thanks for your response!