Date:      Thu, 09 Mar 2000 11:37:11 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Thomas Pornin <pornin@bolet.ens.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Elf64

In message <20000309150524.A4040@bolet.ens.fr> Thomas Pornin writes:
: I am looking for a documentation describing the Elf64 binary format. I
: and a friend of mine are in the process of writing our own subset of a
: linker, and we need info. We would prefer not having to derive our work
: from the GNU binutils due to the GPL (which is a bit too viral).
:
: Does such a thing exists ?

Yes.  Last time I needed the information, I did a web search on
AltaVista with the key words "elf elf64 format api" and found what I
needed.  I may have had to toss some plus signs in as well, but that
did turn up something fairly fast.

Also, there was system V book with this information in it, but I don'
thave a reference.

Warner