Date:      Thu, 3 May 2001 11:46 EST
From:      ggm@apnic.net
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   DELL Latitude 400 and pccard?

I've tried every combination of free irq wired
in my kernel for pcic/pccard0/pccard1 and I cannoty
get my lucent wavelan recognized.

irq 10 or 11 prevents the freeze. (pio mode by default?)
pccardc enabler is dangerous and can cause kernel panics
if the wrong irq is chosen. on this box, 3 collides with
an unknown device:

pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x11c1, dev=0x0448) at 16.0 irq 3

using it causes ATA resets and bad slowdowns. 5 is audio, 10 is
used by almost every PCI device.

I have tried scanning the mail list archives, none of the 'recipes'
there seem to work for me.

Is there a known problem with FreeBSD 4.3 and cardbus right now?

cheers
	-George