Date:      Tue, 21 Apr 1998 09:33:37 +0400
From:      "Alexander B. Povolotsky" <mt@folco.lms.ru>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   New DoS attack?

Strangely, I've posted this message TWICE, but still don't see it...

I'm reposting it from different address.

During last months, I've experienced several STRANGE hangs. TCP stack worked
OK, while nothing else did. I thought of poor hardware, instable snap,
everything else.

Several days ago, I've heard _rumor_ of DoS attack on BSD stack, based on TCP
packet sent to or maybe from port 0. I've installed ipfw rule:

drop log tcp from any 0 to any

and today I've found two packets destined from 200.255.209.92 port 0 dropped.
They were destined to port 143 (imap), while I'm 101% sure that no one from
mi-rj52.montreal.com.br have any mail account on my box.

This information IS sparse, I understand... I'll have to gain more information
on this, but maybe someone has experienced same troubles?

Alex.