Date:      Sat, 25 Apr 1998 13:00:37 +1000 (EST)
From:      Nicholas Charles Brawn <ncb05@uow.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   converting help

After preaching the many benefits of FreeBSD as a development platform, as
well as an all-round os I have succesfully (well almost) converted a
fellow compsci friend of mine. One of the saving graces was the fact that
freebsd can run linux binaries, as well as showing him just how funky
xwindows can look with a bit of tweaking.

Anyway, the question is this. What can he use to partition his hdd (fat32)
without requiring backing up the entire disk? He has decided none the less
to back it up, but for future reference, what *free* applications are out
there that can do this? I saw a mailing list message about fipsb which
supposedly is a hacked up fips which supports fat32, are there any other
apps available?

Last thing, there doesn't appear to be any mention in the freebsd FAQ
(thought there may be in the install docs), perhaps one should be put up?

thanks,

Nicholas Brawn

--
Email: ncb05@uow.edu.au
Nicholas Brawn - Computer Science Undergraduate, University of Wollongong.