Date:      Sun, 10 Jan 2010 15:23:16 +0200
From:      Ed Jobs <oloringr@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mounting ext3 for rw

--nextPart2748341.1kuydYfVtD

On Sunday 10 January 2010 08:24, Zoran Kolic wrote:
> Looking at GENERIC in 8.0, I don't see ext2 at all.
> Just as module. Probably could be added.

hmmm. indeed. there isn't the option in the default GENERIC.
must have been in one of the betas, and i kept it.

it is=20
options         "EXT2FS"

> Further reading and thinkering, I should be probably
> fine loading ext2fs module on amd64 8.0, then mounting
> it via:
> mount -t ext2fs /dev/da0s1 /storage

that's what i normally do...

> I also found a patch for branch 7, included in 8.
> If suffices, I'd go no further. If something happens,
> I will install e2fsprogs for fsck on bsd, rather than
> linux. Plug is still on the way, cannot try out all
> the stuff.
> Thank you for answer. Best reagards

glad to be of any help

=2D-=20
Real programmers don't document. If it was hard to write, it should be hard=
=20
to understand.