Date:      Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:34:15 +0100
From:      Morten Vinding Nielsen <morten.vinding.Nielsen@mobilix.dk>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: 4.0-R locks up probing devices on Compaq Amarda M700

I had the same problem, on the same pc. I have tried to disable everything
(possible) in the kernel but it still hangs!!

I also tried on to other M700's, the same happened.

One of my colleges succeeded to install 4.0 though, on exactly the same type
of machine and from the same CD!!!

Now I have installed 3.4-release with PAO and XFree86 ver. 3.3.6 (support
for ATI rage mobility) and it works great.

Morten Vinding Nielsen
Denmark
mvn@mobilix.dk