Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 14:53:03 -0600 (CST)
From:      James Wyatt <jwyatt@rwsystems.net>
To:        David Lawson <dave@siteone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Email Monitoring

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, David Lawson wrote:
> I have a client that would like to monitor all the incoming and outgoing
> email for his business. Does anyone know of a way to do this. They will have
> their own domain name.

Does "monitor" mean uptime/availability of the server, or an interception
of email traffic for monitoring or auditing? Monitoring is easy and
provided by several outside vendors. A logjam of outgoing email is usually
easy to spot by the building mail queue. Interception can be easier if you
don't allow *any* port 25 outbound connections and maybe the pop3 port.
3rd party Webmail is trickier, but you can block the domains via proxy.

Hope this helps - Jy@