Date:      Mon, 10 Sep 2001 23:59:52 +0200
From:      Mattias Pantzare <pantzer@ludd.luth.se>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.4 upcoming release/timetabling/mirroring

> > > Add to this the fact that 4.4-RELEASE will be the first one
> > > to incorporate 5 ISO images by default
> > =

> > ...which we, and I suspect most mirrors, absolutely WILL NOT carry.
> =

> I don't care what the tier-n mirrors carry, where n is a positive
> integer greater than or equal to 2, but part of the responsibility of
> being a Tier-1 mirror, as clearly stated at the outset of ftp-master's
> entering service, is carrying a FULL and COMPLETE copy and I fully
> expect the tier-1 mirrors to continue doing so or be removed from the
> access list for Tier 1 mirrors.  It's not like all of this (5 ISOs,
> Tier-1 rules) hasn't been discussed with more than adequate notice up
> to now so I honestly don't know what's got your butt-fur all knotted
> up at this late stage of the game.  Here's a comb, have at it and get
> out of my mailbox now please.

I am sorry but this is simply not true! The tier-n thing has ben discusse=
d, =

but not implemented or agreed to in any formal way. If it is then that fa=
ct has not =

reached the mirror maintainers. =

As=A0to the size, 5 ISO images is not that mouch compared to 52Gb in port=
s... 4 =

more ISO images is not a real problem for a complete mirror.