Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 1997 11:43:15 -0700
From:      "Aaron D. Gifford" <agifford@infowest.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SURVEY: Xylogics (Bay Networks) erpcd

PURPOSE:

The purpose of this survey is to see if enough Xylogics (Bay Networks)
erpcd users exist using FreeBSD to encourage Xylogics to officially support
FreeBSD.  Please respond if you currently run erpcd on a FreeBSD platform.
If you are NOT currently running erpcd on a FreeBSD platform but WOULD run
erpcd on a FreeBSD platform if Xylogics officially supported FreeBSD in
more than just a single outdated version, please respond as well.

DEADLINE:

Thursday, Jan. 24 1997 -- I would like to finish this survey quickly, so
please respond as soon as possible.  I will create a survey results summary
and put it online at http://www.infowest.com/erpcd-survey.html on Friday,
Jan. 25.

SURVEY:

  *  Do you or does your organization currently run erpcd on a FreeBSD
platform? (If yes, what version of FreeBSD? 2.0.5R, 2.1R, 2.1.5R, 2.1.6R,
2.1.6-STABLE, 2.2-BETA, or some other version or intermediate version?)

  *  Do you or does your organization currently run erpcd on a BSDI BSD/OS
platform? (If yes, what version of BSD/OS?)

  *  Do you or does your organization currently run erpcd on a Linux
platform? (If yes, what version?)

  *  Would you or your organization run erpcd on a FreeBSD platform IF
Xylogics officially supported FreeBSD beyond a single outdated FreeBSD
version (2.0.5R)?

  *  May I use your name, or your organization's name with a contact e-mail
address when I contact Xylogics with the results of this informal survey in
an effort to encourage them to support FreeBSD?  Please specify what name,
organization name, and/or e-mail address that I may use.

  *  Please include any other related comments here that you would like
included with any message I send to Xylogics.

  * May I use your contact information and comments on the web page summary?

END OF SURVEY

That's all! Thank you for your time and cooperation.  I hope there is
enough interest in FreeBSD to help Xylogics support it.

I currently run erpcd on a FreeBSD 2.1.6-STABLE platform, and I've had
trouble with their customer support because I'm not running on an
officially supported platform, even though I can run the Xylogics supplied
2.0.5R binary or the BSD/OS binary on the same FreeBSD box.  The
difficulties with Xylogics customer support are what prompted me to do this
survey.

Again, thanks for your participation.

Sincerely,
Aaron Gifford
InfoWest Networking

Aaron D. Gifford        InfoWest, 1845 W. Sunset Blvd, St. George, UT 84770
InfoWest Networking     Phone: (801) 674-0165   FAX: (801) 673-9734
<agifford@infowest.com> Visit InfoWest at: "http://www.infowest.com/"
ICBM: 37.08N, 113.58W   PGP Pub. Key at http://www.infowest.com/a/agifford/
                "Southern Utah's Finest Network Connection"