Date:      Sun, 8 Apr 2001 17:20:38 -0500
From:      Lute Mullenix <lute@willinet.net>
To:        Mark Sergeant <msergeant@snsonline.net>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ports

On Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 08:19:45AM -0500, Mark Sergeant wrote:
> I am not sure of ALT-TAB in twm but in Blackbox using bbkeys it is easy to
> program keys to do whatever you like. I tried enlightenment, windowmaker,
> gnome, kde, cde, twm, fvwm, olm, icewm, sawfish & blackbox and the wm I always
> came back to was Blackbox, small codebase, Clean and fast... what more do you
> need ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

I am not sure how hard it would be to change it, but the main thing I
have against blackbox is that it wanted me to have the mouse pointer in
the window to use the window. I didn't like that. I also like the
toolbar on icewm where my most used apps are just a single click away,
rather digging through a menu to get to it, and if you don't want to
look at it all the time, (but I sort of like the clock, CPU, and ppp
monitors.) simply auto hide it. I do have to say the blackbox has a
very attractive appearance, and did consider if for a while, but in the
end for the slightly larger foot print, and convienence of ice.

I think the best advice is to just try them all, and choose the one
that feels best to you, after all isn't that what most of us have done?

--
  >Lute<
     Hey! It happens. Well it does...