Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 11:22:46 +0100
From:      "Bri" <brian@ukip.com>
To:        <freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   mounting filesystems from old i386 setup

Hi I recently put my harddrive I used on my I386 box an IBM 40GB drive that
ran on a Promise Ultra TX2 100 controller into my Sun Ultra 5 using its on
board controller and its detected the drive but I can't seem to mount any of
the partitions on the 40GB drive.

I've tried mounting the ad1s1c partion and it says slice beyond end of disk
I'm using this command line..

mount -o ro -t ufs /dev/ad1s1c /mnt/samba

to mount it as read only.

is it something to do with the disk being prepared on i386 ?

Bri,