Date:      Sun, 14 May 2000 22:21:02 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Brennan W Stehling <brennan@offwhite.net>
To:        Phrogman149@aol.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WINDOWS OS

Someone told me just this weekend that he was shown a system which was
running Windows on the same computer as Linux at the same time.  He said
it split the single ethernet device into two MAC addresses and both were
working as if they were alone.  I did not see it myself and asked him if
it was simply running Linux emulation or possibly someone being funny with
a KVM switch, but he said it was real.  I am not sure if Linux utilities
were just added to Windows or how two GUIs could run at the same time, so
I am skeptical.

I was always told that you can only have one OS running on a machine at a
time, but maybe that has now changed.  And if it can work for Linux, it
may work for FreeBSD. (given some work)

But right now all I know that you can do is dual boot with a unique OS
with it's own home partition and only run one at a time.  That is a common
option for Windows/Unix users these days.  Maybe that is what you are
looking for.

Is anyone familiar with the above Linux/Windows at the same time
technology?  Is this for real?  How long has it been around?  Websites for
more info maybe???

Brennan Stehling - web developer and sys admin
projects: www.greasydaemon.com | www.onmilwaukee.com | www.sncalumni.com

Microsoft: Will you get a macro virus today?