Date:      Fri, 7 Apr 2017 15:38:41 +0200
From:      Hartmut Brandt <hartmut.brandt@dlr.de>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Impending NATM removal

On Fri, 7 Apr 2017, ?ukasz W?jcik wrote:

?W>they're not the only ones. Just my 5cents. The other thing is that ATM/NATM
?W>infrastructure in FreeBSD seems to never have been
?W>
?W>finished.

That's true. ITU-T used to produce poor-quality ATM standards at a much
higher rate than anybody could follow and the ATM-Forum at one point
decided just to copy the ITU-T stuff :-(. Then I changed work and had
almost zero involvment with ATM anymore...

I would guess that keeping ATM alive in 11-stable (and updating
drivers if necessary) would be the best way to go.

harti

?W>
?W>