Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2012 15:05:52 -0500
From:      Mark Kane <mark@mkproductions.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BTX Loader hang with ICH6R in RAID mode

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012, at 07:55:53 -0400, John Baldwin wrote:
> Hmm, these things are generally not very easy to debug, esp.
> remotely. :(
>
> It sounds like your BIOS is doing something unusual and that is why
> BTX hangs.  Are you able to PXE boot this box from another machine to
> install it?

Thanks for the reply and PXE boot idea. Unfortunately I think that's
going to be a little too involved for this case as this particular
machine is not on a LAN with DHCP.

At this point since it's quite difficult to continue to debug remotely,
I think we might just go with using the two drives in IDE mode and a
gmirror for the OS, and have additional storage via a 3ware card.

Thanks again!

-Mark