Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:18:00 +0200
From:      William Fletcher <ultraviolet@epweb.co.za>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Workstations

--JkgDhDyNm4zanevS

Hi,

You said, sell them on the idea of ports, or, suggest it.=20
Anyway, suggest things like portupgrade, using nfs to store distfiles
on one server. Very easy to upgrade. Perhaps setup a cvsup-mirror for your
demonstrations. And, you'll need to sell them on the idea of a very
pretty desktop enviroment, KDE3, Gnome. (I personally prefer windowmaker,
but, that isn't going to hold water :/).

Anyway, as for redhat, unfortunate to say, the installation is much prettie=
r,
and, everyone I work with, mostly linux fanatics (who haven't a clue)=20
prefer to install redhat, because text scares them.

For some insane reason, management never likes good old black and white
console.=20

What you really need to do is select a default layout of packages.
Install the machine with that, in as little time as possible.
Like, opera\mozilla, KDE3, evolution (puke)... And, make it look pretty.=20