Date:      Sat, 6 Sep 2003 15:02:21 +0400
From:      tokza <postfix@sendmail.ru>
To:        Jeffrey Hsu <hsu@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sony vaio PCG-V505BX

On Saturday 06 September 2003 14:40, Jeffrey Hsu wrote:
>   > does freebsd have smth like linux's /dev/sonypi and spicctrl to control
>   > LCD lightness
>
> See /usr/ports/graphics/picturebook.

This is  the tools I'm looking for! Thank you.
I tried to install fbsd 5.1-release again, and recompile the kernel from
5.1-rel sources. But  I CANNOT boot with new kernel I
recompile, system goes to reboot instead of booting new kernel. :-)) E.g.
initial booting with generic (after install) goes fine,
recompiling kernel from 5.1-release sources goes fine, and after reboot
system becomes unbootable. No kernel panic, just silent reboot after pressing
enter in boot menu with beastie. Funny trouble I have the first time in my
life.