Date:      Sun, 27 Jun 1999 16:53:20 +0900
From:      Kazuo Horikawa <k-horik@yk.rim.or.jp>
To:        nclayton@lehman.com
Cc:        motoyuki@snipe.rim.or.jp, kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp, doc@freebsd.org, freebsd-translate@ngo.org.uk, jdp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Resolution: FDP reorganisation

From: Nik Clayton <nclayton@lehman.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 12:08:31 +0100

> On Fri, Jun 25, 1999 at 07:11:35PM +0900, Motoyuki Konno wrote:
> > [snip]
> > > Obviously, we'd lose the record of who did the actual commit (because it
> > > would be me) and the precise time that the commit happened would be lost.
> > > But the CVS deltas would be preserved.
> >
> > I cannot understand why you want to do such a complicated way.
> > "Repository copy" is much more easier, I think.
>
> I agree with you in theory.  However, John Polstra, one of the repository
> managers, has already said that his free time to do this work is limited,
> and that repository copies are fiddly anyway, with the increase of risk
> involved.
>
> So he asked me to come up with a way that minimises the number of
> repository copies that are necessary.  Which is what I've done.  Obviously,
> there's a trade off in terms of the information that can be preserved if
> you can't do a repository copy, and what I'm trying to do is strike the
> right balance between what we keep and what we lose.

Under doc/ja/man, there are following tags:
  tag=release_3_2_0
  tag=release_3_1_0
  tag=release_3_0_0
  tag=release_2_2_7
  tag=RELEASE_2_2_6
  tag=release_2_2_5

We can retrieve Japanese online manuals for the RELEASE which the tag
represents.  It is quite useful to track translation error later.  So,
we do not want to lose the tags.
--
Kazuo Horikawa