Date:      Mon, 08 Jun 1998 11:18:46 -0400
From:      thehades <thehades@erols.com>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wide SCSI on a narrow SCSI bus

I have 2 Quantum 2.1 GB hard drives (Model - XP32150) and an atlas CD-ROM.
I want to add a Quantum 9.1 GB hard drive (Model - VK309100LW).  I have not
yet bought it, but plan on getting it because of the success I have had
with my other Quantum drives.

The adapter I have been looking at has "high byte termination."
I am currently using an active terminator at one end and the
2940 at the other end.  Does it matter where I put the new drive?
My guess would be to put the new drive as close to the 2940 as possible.

It would then look something like this:

2940

 |-- Adapter and new 9.1 GB Quantum

 |-- 2.1 GB Quantum