Date:      Tue, 06 Jun 2000 22:43:49 -0400
From:      "William E. Reid" <wer@cstone.net>
To:        Daniel Killingsworth <dankilling@hotmail.com>
Cc:        newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /: write failed, file system is full

I have seen taht on one machine.  As far as I know it is usually one of two
things.  In your kernel.conf I heard it could be OPEN_MAX="xx" (which I
could not find in the 4.0-stable LINT file) or your maxusers="xx" could be
set too low (Defaults to 32).

However the machine I have with taht problem only reports the error after
someone has restarted Zope.  I added an fstat before and after the starting
of Zope in teh startup script.  I didn't see any huge burst of files being
opened.  It was like 613 and jumped to 619.  I also heard one person say
that he had seen netscapes cache file cause this problem.

I can't track down the problem on my box....  but I am still looking.

-=Bill