Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 2003 15:56:27 +0100
From:      Nick Barnes <Nick.Barnes@pobox.com>
To:        Lars Eggert <larse@ISI.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Translate MAC address to IP address

At 2003-08-15 14:15:00+0000, Lars Eggert writes:
> Nick Barnes wrote:
> > I can provide sources on request any time; once these things are a bit
> > more polished I will put them on the web.
>
> Interesting! Maybe turn them into a port once they're stable?

I'm unlikely to invest the effort to make them work in the wide
variety of networks out there (e.g. other address families, weird
interface types, etc).  If people think that they would be useful
despite being ethernet-only, IPv4-only, FreeBSD-only, and maybe
x86-only[*], then they're welcome (I guess that would still include
99% of FreeBSD installations).  Let's talk about it once there's code
worth sharing.

Nick B

[*] I would expect this code to be portable, but there seems to be a
certain amount of alpha-specific magic in some of the programs I'm
looking at, mainly concerned with alignment.