Date:      Mon, 4 Dec 2000 22:17:41 -0800
From:      Alfred Perlstein <alfred@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NAPTHA/RAZOR response.

* Warner Losh <imp@village.org> [001204 22:05] wrote:
> In message <20001204172505.D8051@fw.wintelcom.net> Alfred Perlstein writes:
> : Ok, I can't believe what a bunch of hosers these RAZOR/bindview
> : guys are, thier "advisory" is nothing new, there was a news article
> : about 3 years ago talking about this problem, all that RAZOR seems
> : to have done is find a pretty lame and broken way of spoofing the
> : source of the attack which doesn't really work. (it's trivial to
> : find the source of the attack)
>
> Yes.  We pointed that out to them when they first sent us the attack.
> It just pulled together some interesting tricks that had been floating
> around for a while.  The arp poisoning was particularly interesting,
> but requires a machine on the same ethernet segment to be compromised.
> But I never got a response to these points....
>
> But with enough DDoS boxes, this can present a problem...

Honestly I had been sitting on the "response" sploit for about a
week or so.  I had already heard that they were going to release
something like this and sent something like it to the person that
informed me.

Anyhow, after a week I thought that they realized how lame the
advisory was and weren't going to release it, but some people...