Date:      Fri, 6 Jun 1997 09:16:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      James FitzGibbon <james@nexis.net>
To:        Troy Settle <rewt@i-Plus.net>
Cc:        "Bruce R. Ray" <deepc@intersurf.com>, "'freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Micro$oft FrontPage extensions?

On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, Troy Settle wrote:

> no issues? hmm.. I never could get per-user webs to work.  seems that
> it does funny things to get user info...  it's totally blind to
> NIS/yp for some reason.

I don't recally specifically if it used getpwnam() or just foraged through
the passwd file, but I was able to get both virtual domains and user webs
working.  The problem is that if you have virtual webs installed, the
install script doesn't know how to work with user webs anymore.  My kludge
was to write a script that

- commented out virtual hosts
- ran the installer
- uncommented virtual hosts

The installer doesn't have to make any changes to the web server configs
if you patch Apache for the wildcard scriptalias option, so this is just a
braid dead installer that has to be worked around.

--
j.