Date:      Fri, 12 May 2000 13:13:15 +0100 (BST)
From:      Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
To:        Bart Lateur <bart.lateur@skynet.be>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PostgreSQL boot question

On Fri, 12 May 2000, Bart Lateur wrote:

[ Deleting leftver crud from /tmp... ]

> This doesn't look right: it's too much manual work.

Agreed.

> Does this mean I'll have to do that every time my server crashes? Can't
> the file automatically be deleted at startup, before the postgreSQL
> demon starts up?

You might want to look at using mfs to hold your /tmp directory. This
has advantages (it's really temporary). Worthwhile considering nodev,
nosuid, nosymfollow to the list of /tmp mount options too.

Tel +44(0)117 9287163 Fax +44 (0)117 9287112 RFC822 jan.grant@bris.ac.uk
Whenever I see a dog salivate I get an insatiable urge to ring a bell.