Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 1999 17:12:21 MYT
From:      "Nawfal M. Rouyan" <wind_prowler@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   problem installing mysql on 3.2 STABLE

hi,
   I'm a newbie and have just upgraded my FreeBSD 3.1 Release to Stable. I
have question to ask and I hope I post this to the right mailing list.
   I tried installing mysql on my 3.2 Stable but there was an error and I
don't know what to do. I fetch the port from the ports-stable.
   This is the error output:

opal#make install

You may set NATIVE_THREADS (make NATIVE_THREADS=yes)
to compile mysql with the native FreeBSD threads (libc_r).
Warning: There are still some bugs in libc_r which prevent
         'mysqladmin shutdown' from working properly and
         killing mysqld might not work.

===>  Extracting for mysql-server-3.22.24

===>  Patching for mysql-server-3.22.24
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for mysql-server-3.22.24
===>  Configuring for mysql-server-3.22.24
===>  Building for mysql-server-3.22.24
make: cannot open Makefile.
*** Error code 2

Stop.