Date:      Wed, 04 Nov 1998 17:14:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   X11R6 - Sort of Available

I have a partially complete X11R6 package available for the Alpha.

*  None of the server side tools, nor any of the servers are included.

*  To install the packages, use the pkg_add -f flag.  when you install the
   Xfree86 package, pkg_add will dump core.  I guess it does not like to
   have so many files missing.

*  All the binaries I checked work, and all the libraries seem to be in
   place.

*  The XF86-contrib package built and installed without a hitch (aside from
   not having its dependencies in place).

*  If you want to try these, they are at my ftp server:
   ftp://simon-shapiro.ORG/FreeBSD/Alpha

*  The XFree86 package is large and still uploading.  Its size should be
   13,119,459 bytes.

*  I will try to build and load few more X dependant packages.  They will
   be at the same place.

Sincerely Yours,                 Shimon@Simon-Shapiro.ORG
                                             770.265.7340
Simon Shapiro

Unwritten code has no bugs and executes at twice the speed of mouth