Date:      Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:44:43 -0700
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@linuxcare.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FREEBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to setup wireless card

Marco Wertejuk wrote:

> Hello,
>
> just a note:
> you're setting the station name equal to the networkname
> (-s for wicontrol) which is not neccessary and even not
> useful.
> The station name should be something like the clients
> hostname or just be untouched (default is something
> like "LucentIBBS/FreeBSD client" or so.
>
> --
> Mit freundlichen Gruessen,
> Marco Wertejuk - mwcis.com
> Computer/Internet/Security-Services

Hmmm, thanks I'll check that again and see what I was thinking of.
That script I had archived and it may not be the exact one I currently
using, looking at where I commented out some lines reminded me it
wasn't finished when I archived it, I'll fire up the laptop in a bit
to see the one I'm currently using.

--
Bill Schoolcraft	Linux/Unix System Engineer
650 Townsend Street	San Francisco, CA 94103