Date:      Fri, 3 Jul 1998 16:00:02 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        tbackman@corp.gulf.net (Todd Backman)
Cc:        mestery@winternet.com, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP FreeBSD

Todd Backman wrote...

> I am waiting for UPS to deliver my BUFFERED 64mb dimms at this moment. Any
> suggestions on the SMP install? I have dl'd the 3.0 boot.flp and am
> curious as to how I incorporate CAM with this. I bought the Micronics Dual
> PPRO (W6-LI-007) for $54 from onsale.com and am ready to start on my
> little "project" for the weekend (my wife just can't understand this
> madness); ^) . Any suggestions would be great.

	To incorporate CAM, follow the instructions in the readme:

ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD/cam/README
or
ftp://ftp.kdm.org/pub/FreeBSD/cam/README

	The patches that are out there were made May 20th, so you'll
probably want a snapshot from somewhere around that vintage from
current.freebsd.org.

	We're working on a new CAM snapshot, with the aim of having it out
sometime this weekend.  (can't make any promises, but that's the plan..)

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com