Date:      Sat, 15 Sep 2001 21:00:10 -0600 (MDT)
From:      zwade <zwade@micro-mania.net>
To:        FreeBSD Mail List <freebsdmaillist@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A good C book

On Sat, 15 Sep 2001, FreeBSD Mail List wrote:

FMLHello,  I am starting to learn and use C.  What is a good book for the C language?  I understand the basics of programming, I really just need a good book that shows the syntax.  I would preferably like one with a really good index and or appendices so if I need to say, for example, write an array, I can just go look up the syntax.  Thanks for your help.

Good evening, as a step by step => basic | even boring learning tool,
I have found "Teach Yourself C in 24 Hours" by Sams Publishing to be
....ummmm...livable.
One has to overlook the occaisional typo's and <gulp> misspelled words:
such as "aritemtic".
However, as I work through that book page by page, completing all the
exercises and READING EVERY WORD... I am developing a deep and lasting
understanding of "C".
I hope this helps.
Regards,
Z. Wade Hampton