Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 1995 14:20:04 -1000
From:      richard@pegasus.com (Richard Foulk)
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, jleppek@suw2k.ess.harris.com, schwarz@alpharel.com, bde@zeta.org.au
Subject:   Re: 3c589 card CAN be made to work BNC

}
} >Good work, "look in the linux sources" why didn't I think of that :-)
} >I foolishly tried to get info from 3com...
} >I tried your patch and it works, thanks.
}
} The copyleft combined with the BSD copyright probably prevents anyone except
} whoever did the looking from legally using the resulting patch.
}

Yikes!  It's a copyright, not mind control!

Copyrights don't cover ideas ... they cover the expression of ideas.

I sure hope people aren't staying away from other sources because
of this.  You shouldn't `cut and paste', but you sure can crib from
publicly distributed sources.

Let's not re-invent wheels when it's not necessary.  Please!

Richard